Risk:Benefit Calculation – Informed Decision
Decision about taking a vaccine is as much about data and statistics as it is about medicine. This is why when people say I follow my doctor’s advice, I wonder if he/she knows the numbers (most don’t) or just follows the guidelines.
Why are you taking the COVID vaccines?
- It is protecting me from getting covid, if not, from severe diseases and hospitalization, if not, from dying of covid; (vaccines are effective) – See COVID19 Vaccines Efficacy & Effectiveness
- The adverse from covid vaccines are few and mild so worth the risk; (vaccines are safe) – See COVID19 Vaccines Risks & Injuries, COVID19 Vaccines Coincidences
- My risk of covid justifies taking the vaccine – See COVID19 Risks & Risk Groups
- Taking the vaccine to protect older, more vulnerable people even though they maybe vaccinated also – See COVID19 Vaccinating Children (and the young), All Risk & No Benefits & COVID19 Vaccines Efficacy & Effectiveness
- There are no other ways to protect against the virus and there are no treatments for covid – See COVID19 Prevention & Treatments
- I trust CDC, FDA and my doctor who follows their guidelines – See COVID19 Data Sources & Experts & COVID19 Vaccines – Historical Perspectives
- Phycological aspects / Crisis of freedom – Psychology of Fear, Anxiety & the Makings of Big Lies & Normalizing the Abnormal
Overall deaths higher from the vaccine than COVID – Pfizer clinical trial
Vaccines are injected into healthy people/children, there needs to be extra scrutiny for their:
- Necessity – prevent getting and spreading serious, widespread diseases with no safe treatment alternatives. This can vary based on population demographics and health status (e.g.: age, # and type of comorbidities)
- Safety – including long-term safety established through long-term animal safety and human clinical trials. Including the level of adverse acceptable for the protection provided.
- Efficacy and effectiveness – adequate and long-term immunity and transmission prevention. Vaccines for ever mutating pathogens are often not justified, especially non-sterilizing vaccines that allow vaccine induced escape mutants.
- Posted in: Uncategorized